Friday 10 July 2009

The Shack

'CoverCover of The Shack

A friend loaned me a book on Tuesday night after our Bible study. It was a book called 'The Shack'. I don't know if you've heard of it. I hadn't.

I finished it last night. It's not a particularly long book, but it's subject matter is quite heavy. It talks about redemption, forgiveness and our relationship with God in a fictional setting.

While I found that I disagreed on a doctrinal level with some of the ideas, I was able to enjoy it for what it was - a novel. It also provided me with some things to think about. Like, how my view of the world would change if my relationship with God was all it should be and He was at the centre of my life.

All in all, a very thought-provoking little book.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. must have a gander at this one!

    hope to see you soon - we're over in a couple of weeks, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My book club read this a few months ago and none of us really liked it. It was the poor writing that I didn't enjoy it. The doctorine didn't bother me, even though I didn't agree with it. I felt like the author was trying to be a little too pollitcally correct. It did bring some interesting ideas though.

    If you are looking for stories of faith try 90 Minutes in Heaven or Same Kind of Different as me.

    ReplyDelete